Green Business Network
Release date: 29/05/2012
Exemplas has recently announced that it has been chosen as one of the organisations able to administer the Government small business grant funding of £1500 each Apprentice recruited aged between 16 and 24. If you haven’t yet done so, you can now claim your share.
How can you claim a grant?
There are only 40,000 grants of £1500 each, available nationally on a first–come–first–served basis. The funding will be administered through a quality–assured training provider, such as Exemplas.
The £1500 grant is in addition to the training costs of the Apprenticeship, which are met in full for young people aged 16 to 18 and 50% for those aged 19 to 24.
Are you eligible to receive the funding?
• Your organisation must have fewer than 250 employees.
• The new Apprentice(s) you recruit must be aged between 16 and 24 years old, living in England and not taking part in full–time education.
• You cannot have recruited an Apprentice in the previous three years.
How does it work?
1. Exemplas will promote your vacancy for you on the National Apprenticeship Service website
2. Exemplas will help you to source potential recruits and provide a shortlist of pre–screened candidates
3. You make your final choice of recruit(s)
4. You sign an agreement which commits you to employ the young person(s) until they complete their Apprenticeship Programme
5. You receive a payment of £750 once the Apprentice reaches the 8 week point of their programme
6. You will receive a second payment of £750 once the individual has completed month 12 of their Apprenticeship Programme
If you think you are eligible and would like to access the grant, please call Exemplas on 0845 600 9130 quoting reference number EMHBI290512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org